Initial contact leads to a two-page information requirement.
Should an in-principle decision be taken to engage, the Agri-Vie management team will undertake a substantive evaluation process, including a review of:
- Industry and sector status, prospects
- Business model robustness and growth prospects
- Quality and commitment of the management team
- Capital structure and pricing
- Sustainability of development impacts of the investment
- Terms for a shareholders’ agreement.
A mutually acceptable term sheet is followed by in-depth business, financial and legal due diligence. Agri-Vie’s investment committee meets on an ‘as needed’ basis to decide on investment proposals from the investment management team.
The above steps typically involve a period of 12-16 weeks.